REALLY just wanna take this chance to remind the people who follow me to not kill/trap opossums if they’re in your yard, and do not call animal control! Seriously.
- Opossums are literally 100% BIOLOGICALLY INCAPABLE of carrying rabies. Their body temperature is too cool to incubate it properly.
- Opossums are actually quite gentle and NOCTURNAL, so if they’re roaming, they’ve probably gotten lost, been injured, and are looking for a place to hide.
- Young opossums tend to try to climb into garbage cans when they’re starving. This is because THEY ARE LITERALLY STARVING. Don’t fucking shoot them or hit them with things because you wanna be some fucking macho top-of-the-food-chain cocksucker.
- Mama possums are amazing mothers and if you encounter an “aggressive” opossum, it’s probably because she’s got babies hanging off her nipple and she’s freaking out. They’re clumsy. Sometimes they don’t hear you coming and you catch each other off guard.
- Wanna lure an opossum off of your property? You can set up a box with some greens and cat kibble in it, hide it well, and lure them out that way. They’re actually quite harmless and keep other predators away. they eat lotsa gross stuff.
- Opossum mamas who get hit by cars often still have their helpless babies attached to them. Possums get a bad rep and people say they are “the dumbest animal”, but they are incredible creatures who have been around since the days of fucking dinosaurs so treat them well, okay?
I would love to have an opossom if it wasn’t so hard for the average person to keep them healthy in captivity.
We had an opossum at the children’s museum where I used to volunteer. He enjoyed nibbling people’s shoelaces and licking yogurt off of spoons. ^_^
(Source: micromys, via fuzzykitty01)
aboxoflunch asked: GO —-> Once you get this you have to say 5 nice things about yourself publicly and then send it to 10 of your favorite followers. Thinking good thoughts about yourself is hard but it will make you feel better so give it a go, for the sake of spreading positivity.
Oh! I’ve never gotten one of these before! :D
1) I am very smart.
2) I’m a good writer, though lately I have not written much. orz
3) I’m also quite good at beta reading. I know how to balance praise and criticism, and I won’t hesitate to tell you if you need to change something!
4. I’m good at baking and cooking (but very messy!).
5. I adore little kids and am 100000000x better at interacting with them than with adults.
who weren’t androids or aliens
whose asexuality wasn’t seen as something needing to be ‘fixed’
and who aren’t socipaths
*aggressively stabs at each individual letter when retyping password*
(Source: guy, via 221bprivetdrivegallifreykansas)
I’d happily watch an 8 hour film adaptation of a book if it meant every little book detail was put in it